A compare contrast paper is an essay where you need to discuss similarities and differences of two distinctive subjects. How to write a compare and contrast essay? First of all, it is essential to pick two concepts that can be compared and contrasted and start researching. Find all the ways in which your two subjects are different and similar. After that, you can come up with a thesis and start working on your piece of work.
Get a price quote
Writing a compare and contrast essay is an inevitable part of a student’s career. Scholars are assigned to develop such papers on a regular basis. Indeed, you can be assigned to write a comparing and contrasting essay for literature, history, business, management, biology, law or any other discipline. In order to do that, you need to carry out in-depth research and evaluate all the information. When you’ve done that, it is important to choose the most relevant points and create your masterpiece.
How to write a compare and contrast essay
- Define the items, notions, or things you want to compare and contrast. Choose them thoroughly, as you will need to find similarities and differences between them.
- Develop an outline. Write down the key similarities and differences you may wish to discuss.
- Choose the type of compare and contrast essay you will write. You will have to decide if you want to sketch all similarities followed by differences or you want to outline one similarity and one difference, step by step. Depending on the arrangement you choose for your works, you will analyze each point more thoroughly as you are writing the body of your work. Arrange your ideas and claims logically and do not forget to use evidence to support your statements.
- Begin with an introductory paragraph. End the introduction with a thesis statement. Remember that everything you say in the body of the paper will have to be linked to your thesis.
- Elaborate on each point in the body of your paper. Follow the structure you have outlined before you sat down to write the paper. It can be arranged in blocks or point-by-point.
- Write a conclusion. Summarize the main information as related to your thesis and provide any additional thoughts regarding the issue.
- Edit and proofread. Put your essay away for a couple of days and get back to it later for editing and proofreading.
What you need to remember
- The success of your academic essay writing depends on whether you are ready to consider the smallest things about the items you are comparing. Use details and surprise your reader!
- Choose some unusual items to compare. Do not make your readers bored. To produce an extraordinary paper, you will need to take an effort and see what things have been rarely considered in the past and what things you would definitely want to have in your paper. If you use some popular topic, try to provide a different perspective on it. Keep your reader interested!
- Also, do not forget to follow the organization and structure word for word. Be consistent. If you choose a block structure, then make sure you follow it until the last sentence. Do not switch to the point-by-point structure and vice versa in the middle of the paper.
- Consider your target audience. Use formal language but do not overload it with unnecessary terms. Choose a subject or topic that will interest your target readers. Respect the audience's interests and beliefs.
- As you are creating an outline for your paper, think of the way the results of your analysis can benefit your readers.
Compare and contrast essay example
Expert help with compare and contrast essays
If you believe that writing a compare and contrast essay is not your cup of tea, it may be a good idea to search for professional assistance online. CheapPapers.org is a well-established service that is popular with students from all around the world. It offers exceptional compare and contrast essay help for an affordable price. Of course, the rates are not ridiculously cheap, but quite competitive when compared to other online services. In addition, you can also get free paper samples that can be of great help when writing a compare and contrast essay. If you can’t or don’t want to work on an assignment on your own, you can buy a custom paper from CheapPapers.org. The company hires only experienced writers who can develop essays on any topic. Whenever you need writing help, visit CheapPapers.org to get excellent assistance and enjoy a variety of bonus features.